Advances in information technology, diminishing trade barriers and shifts in the global economy have led to a significant expansion in international business and investment opportunities. Without proper guidance and adequate professional support, however, potential opportunities can quickly dissolve into a series of frustrating and expensive obstacles that ultimately produce compromised results, or even failures.
Whether you intend to trade in another country, open a foreign office, establish a business abroad or simply require national assistance, IGAL clients have immediate access to expert help in both law and accounting. Additionally, most IGAL members are able to arrange introductions to qualified professionals in other business sectors (such as bankers, financial analysts, investment specialists, real estate brokers and patent agents), saving their client’s time, removing uncertainty, and minimizing obstacles.
Reaching out to IGAL not only allows clients to connect to the global economy at the local level, it also allows them to mitigate immediate risks while maximizing long-term growth opportunities. A combination of services can be provided by members, including the establishment of corporate structures or legal entities necessary for the commercial needs of a new operation, while also taking into account international tax implications and legal requirements.
Some Services Provided by IGAL Members Include:
- Formation of companies and other corporate entities;
- Auditing and accounting services;
- Establishment of subsidiaries, branches and representative offices;
- Joint ventures, partnerships & other forms of association between companies;
- Mergers and acquisitions through share purchase or asset deals;
- Litigation or arbitration in the most appropriate jurisdiction;
- Liquidations and dissolutions;
- Management and/or formal recovery assistance;
- Advice on all aspects of corporate and personal insolvency;
- Legal and accounting assistance in project financing;
- Tax consulting regarding structuring, operation and repatriation of cross-border investments;
- Agency, distribution, franchise and licensing agreements;
- Intellectual property rights;
- Advice on labor law, employment contracts, remuneration and severance packages;
- Immigration and foreign residency requirements;
- Advice related to residential and commercial property, as well as other real estate matters;
- Advice with respect to family law, estate planning and administration.
Who We Are
IGAL has developed into a leading business network of legal and accounting firms whose members offer superior services related to legal, financial, tax and insolvency matters to companies and individuals with international activities; as well as expert and personal assistance to reduce the obstacles of doing business in a foreign environment and at a distance.